What is the application fee?
$99.00 for the first applicants/occupant/co-signer; $50.00 for additional applicants/occupants/co-signers. Application fees are non-refundable.
What is your reservation fee?
A reservation fee of $200.00 is required to hold an apartment off of the rental market and is refundable for 72 hours. If the reservation is canceled after 72 hours, applicant will forfeit the $200.00 fee. Payment of the Reservation Fee does not release the resident from cleaning or damage charges or responsibilities related to the lease agreement. The reservation fee will be credited toward the first month’s rent.
What is the security deposit?
$100 (with approved credit) and up to one month’s rent. The security deposit is due at the time of application approval.
How long can you hold an apartment?
An apartment can be held for 14 days with the application fee(s), reservation fee paid and approved application.
What is your pet policy?
A pet is considered to be a dog, cat, bird or fish (tanks cannot be over 55 gallons in size).
Pet Fee (Non-Refundable): $250 (1st pet), $100 (2nd pet)
Pet Rent: $5.00 per month, per pet.
Maximum of 2 pets per apartment.
Weight Limit: Pets may not exceed a combined weight of 60 lbs.
Breed Restrictions: Pit Bulls, American Staffordshire Terrier, Doberman Pinschers, Chows, Presa Canarios, German Shepherds, Dalmatians, Boxers, and Wolf Hybrids.
Note: Violation of the pet policy, including but not limited to not curbing your pet properly, could result in a $300 fine per occurrence and could ultimately result in eviction.
What companies are included in the preferred employer discount?
- SC Law Enforcement Agencies
- Local Fire Departments (City & County)
- City of Columbia
- Richland County
- SC State Offices
- Providence Hospitals
- Palmetto Prisma Health
- Wells Fargo
- BB&T Bank
- Bank of America
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Dominion Energy
- Verizon Wireless
- Colonial Life
- South University (students & employees)
- Military (active duty, national guard, reserves or veterans)
- For employees of the above companies, the application fee and reservation fee will be reduced to a total of $99.00.
All individuals currently employed by the employers listed above are due this benefit, in addition to any current specials or concessions. To receive the Preferred Employer Discount, the Lessee (not Occupant) must be a full time employee of one of the employers listed above. Part-time employees, volunteers, sub-contractors or people retired from the employer (with the exception of military) are not eligible.
What utilities are included?
What are your qualifying criteria?
- Identification: All adult applicants must provide a U.S. Social Security Number or an I.T.I.N. (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) in order for an application to be accepted for processing. All adult applicants must provide current photo identification (i.e. driver’s license or passport), a copy of which will be placed in the applicant’s file. Only minors can be occupants in an apartment.
- Income: Applicants must provide proof of income in the form of their most recent check stub or previous year’s tax returns if within the same company or industry. Income may be verified through the applicant’s employer. For applicants, gross monthly wages must be equal to or greater than 3 times the monthly rent; for roommates, gross monthly wages must be equal to or greater than 2 times the monthly rent (qualifying individually); for co-signers, gross monthly wages must be equal to or greater than 4.5 times the monthly rent (qualifying individually).
- Employment: Employment history will be obtained and verified. If applicant is retired or otherwise currently unemployed, proof of ability to pay anticipated lease term will be necessary.
- Credit History: All applicants and occupants over the age of 18 will be verified through Resident Check®, a third party credit-scoring company. The decision to accept or decline the applicant for residency will be at the sole discretion of Resident Check®. If the decision of Resident Check® is that the application is to be ‘Declined’ or ‘Accepted with conditions’, an adverse action letter will be provided to the applicant. Applicant may be required to pay a full month’s rental deposit and/or a Co-Signer may be required.
- Rental History: A rental history will be obtained. Previous residency must be verifiable. We will require that rent was paid in a timely manner, lease terms were fulfilled and residency was left in a satisfactory condition. Mortgage history may be verified via a credit report. Family members may not be used as a rental history reference. First time renters may require a Co-Signer.
- FBI’s Most Wanted List, Multi-State Sex Offender Registry List and Criminal Background Check: Via Resident Check®, all applicants and potential occupants will be run through the FBI’s Most Wanted List and the Multi-state Sex Offender Registry List. In addition, a Criminal Background check will be conducted. The Criminal Background check will search for: All felonies – whether considered as a conviction, deferred adjudication, court ordered intervention program or a pending case; All Misdemeanors that involve theft, sexual oriented crimes, drug oriented crimes, crimes against persons or property (except DWI or DWLS) whether considered as a conviction, deferred adjudication, court ordered intervention program or pending case. If search results are positive, applicant, co-signer or occupant will be automatically denied.
Occupancy Standards: *One roommate per bedroom only.
- 1 Bedroom – maximum of two (2) occupants
- 2 Bedroom – maximum of four (4) occupants
- 3 Bedroom – maximum of six (6) occupants
What are the utility providers?
Electricity & Gas: Dominion Energy