Still thinking about how to spend your Fourth of July weekend? From fireworks to festivals, Columbia has something to offer all Providence Park residents!
Check out our roundup of this weekend’s events:
Friday, July 3
- Fort Jackson Independence Day Celebration: Start the weekend off early at Fort Jackson with a 5K run/walk and 12.5 mile bike ride at Hilton Field at 8 a.m. followed by a day full of fun events. Admission is free and you can expect spades and dominos tournaments, mini golf, water park fun, and great music from Eric Mayweather and the Finesse Band and Fort Jackson’s 282nd “Rock Band.” This year’s formal ceremony features the “Torchlight Tattoo,” which is scheduled for 9.m., a cannon salute to each state in the U.S., music by the 282nd Army Band, and a 30-minute fireworks display.
- Star Spangled Symphonic Salute: Gather up friends and family, pack a blanket and lawn chairs and head over to Saluda Shoals Park for the Lake Murray Symphony Orchestra performance at 6 p.m.
Saturday, July 4
- EdVenture’s Red, White & Blue Blast: This is a great indoor event for the kids! Beginning at 9 a.m. at the EdVenture Children’s Museum, children are welcome to march with Uncle Sam, create red, white and blue snacks, do crafts and learn about America’s birthday.
- Lake Murray Fireworks Celebration:View this amazing fireworks celebration from Dreher Island State Park or Lake Murray Dam park sites at dusk (about 9:15 p.m.). Don’t forget to pack a blanket, chairs and a radio to tune into B106.7 to watch the fireworks in tune with a patriotic concert.
- Lake Murray Patriotic Boat Parade: The 26th Annual 4th of July Celebration on Lake Murray will feature more than 150 boats, a Guinness World Record! Bring your family to Bomb Island at 12 p.m. to catch this event.